Re: A motion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neil
Subject Re: A motion
Date
List pgsql-general

> On Jan 24, 2016, at 7:59 PM, Roxanne Reid-Bennett <rox@tara-lu.com> wrote:

>>> I'm an optimist.
>>
>> With respect Adrian, that is a motion that never stands a chance. If you don't want to read it, set up a filter that
sendsit right to the round file.

> I've drafted any  number of emails to respond to some point in the CoC discussion and chosen to NOT sent them...
primarilybecause I don't see that my opinion needs to be expressed individually - others have expressed the general
gist...and what I would likely say will just contribute to noise.

+1, except I worry that my silence will be drowned out by the "sustained disruption"

> I am pretty much attempting to ignore the threads at this point, skipping through them to find the technical
discussions. You are welcome to respond with a regex that will filter them for us - I haven't found one that will catch
> every thread.
>
> But this is where I will chip in... IMHO (and apparently Adrian's as well) the  CoC discussion became a "sustained
disruption"of the communal space - and I'll add -  a long time ago.

> +1 to Adrian's suggestion - move it into it's own list.  That Adrian is finding it necessary to leave the -GENERAL
listdue to the noise... is Irony with a capital "I" given your stated reasons for the group needing a CoC.