Re: CoC [Final v2] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christophe Pettus
Subject Re: CoC [Final v2]
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jan 24, 2016, at 5:35 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> You are wrong and the fact that we have gone from a motion style, to a story style, to a continually and
incrementallyimproving draft proves it. This is the largest feature the community has tried to design and implement. It
isgoing to take a little time.

"The document has changed" is not a consensus emerging.  A significant portion of the participants don't want a CoC at
all,and they are feeling ignored.  A significant portion of the participants don't want this CoC, because they feel
it'snot strong enough, and they're feeling ignored.  Those two parties are not trivial; in fact, they make up most of
thepeople who are commenting right now.

> This shouldn't cause any rifts.

And, yet, it is.

> If you don't want to constructively participate in the development of this feature, nobody is asking you to.

Participation does not need to be limited to copy-editing.  Of all the ways to develop a community CoC, we're engaged
injust about the worst possible one right now.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
  xof@thebuild.com