Re: CoC [Final v2] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: CoC [Final v2]
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01/24/2016 02:59 PM, Chris Travers wrote:

> But I will be crystal clear on my (deeply political ;-) viewpoint here:
> I do not want to see the PostgreSQL community get hijacked by groups
> that want to push Western values on the rest of the world.  I want to
> see us come together and build one heck of an economic commons that is
> usable by and reasonably welcoming to all without regard to, say,
> political or philosophical inclinations.
>
> I think that's what we all want.  Or it is what I hope we want.

I agree with you completely. The "reasonably considered" is a little
tough but keep in mind that the idea here is that the "reasonably
considered" is determined by committee, whether -core or another one. It
isn't going to be a dictator.

I want to thank you for your feedback on this topic. It has been very
helpful. Is there anything else you see within the context of the
existing CoC Final Draft that you do not like or would like to see changed?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

                      +1-503-667-4564