Re: Pipe fixes for win32 services - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Pipe fixes for win32 services
Date
List pgsql-patches
> This needs to be applied soon so the installer can be tested.

I can't speak to the details of the Windows process-launch code,
but it looked okay to me otherwise.

One point: if I understood correctly, this is necessary only for
Windows 2000, because we've already blown off the thought of
supporting any older Windows versions, no?  If we later decide
we can't support W2K either, this would be a pretty large chunk
of code that we could pull out.  Please make sure it's clearly
labeled as "useful only as long as we support Windows 2000".

            regards, tom lane