Re: count_nulls(VARIADIC "any") - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marko Tiikkaja
Subject Re: count_nulls(VARIADIC "any")
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 03/01/16 22:49, Jim Nasby wrote:
> In the unit test, I'd personally prefer just building a table with the
> test cases and the expected NULL/NOT NULL results, at least for all the
> calls that would fit that paradigm. That should significantly reduce the
> size of the test. Not a huge deal though...

I don't really see the point.  "The size of the test" doesn't seem like
a worthwhile optimization target, unless the test scripts are somehow
really unnecessarily large.

Further, if you were developing code related to this, previously you
could just copy-paste the defective test case in order to easily
reproduce a problem.  But now suddenly you need a ton of different setup.

I don't expect to really have a say in this, but I think the tests are
now worse than they were before.

.m