Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Buford Tannen
Subject Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
Date
List pgsql-general
Regina Obe wrote:

> If we do write a CoC, can we give it a different acronym.

Notwithstanding the most regrettable childhood trauma, this request is
exactly the kind of ridiculousness that the Political Correctness
nonsense associated with CoCs that we should be worried about in the
aftermath of proposed adoption.

Complaining that the acronym "CoC" is anything remotely like the thing
the work "cock" means is, well, cockamamie

It's like someone becoming upset over the work "niggardly" as a racist
epithet. In fact that word and the one you are thinking of are
completely unrelated: entirely different etymology. Nothing in common
except, on the one hand, as you imagine the acronym might be pronounced,
and on the other because there are six similar letters.