Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Stéphane Schildknecht
Subject Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 06/01/2016 15:50, Boyan Botev wrote:
> Possibly change the translation of "au travers de 26 types de prestations" with
> "through 26 types of social benefit programs" instead of "through 26 types of
> social benefit schemes". Schemes has a negative connotation.
>
> Also maybe change:
> "The CNAF's information system is satisfyingly based on the PostgreSQL database
> management system"
> "The PostgreSQL database management system upon which CNAF's information system
> is based fulfills all expectations."
>
> To me this seems a better translation to English of what the author was trying
> to convey. The literal translation seems a bit awkward.

What's more, (I don't know if the translation is provided by the CNAF itself or
has been translated), CNAF is not for childs only, F stands for familiales,
which deals with family as a whole.
CNAF is sometimes translated as National Family Benefits Fund.

--
Stéphane Schildknecht
Contact régional PostgreSQL pour l'Europe francophone