Re: 8.3.7 Windows Update Error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.3.7 Windows Update Error
Date
List pgsql-general
> Richard Broersma wrote:
>> Q2)  Is integer timestamps becoming the new default from the previous
>> floating point data type?

> My guess is that your previous install was from the community MSI
> installer, and not the one-click one. Could that be it?

> (and yes, it's becoming the new default I believe - but it doesn't
> (shouldn't) change between minor versions)

Right, but in 8.3 and even before, different people have been
putting out binary builds with different choices :-(.  I'm not sure
it's going to magically get better in 8.4.  If Bruce gets anywhere
with pg_migrator before 8.4 final, there will be a very strong
temptation to stick with whatever one was using before, so as to
avoid forcing a dump/reload...

            regards, tom lane