Re: 8.3.7 Windows Update Error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: 8.3.7 Windows Update Error
Date
Re: 8.3.7 Windows Update Error  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
Richard Broersma wrote:
> Using the following links to get to the PostgreSQL 8.3.7 (Windows)
> one-click installer:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/download/windows
> http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.do#windows
>
> and then running the update utility, I get the following error message:
>
> "[Error]
> The existing data directory (Date/time setting: floating-point
> numbers) is not compatible with this server (Date/time setting: 64-bit
> integers)."
>

> Q1)  Will a fresh install with dump and reload work?

Yes.

> Q2)  Is integer timestamps becoming the new default from the previous
> floating point data type?

My guess is that your previous install was from the community MSI
installer, and not the one-click one. Could that be it?

(and yes, it's becoming the new default I believe - but it doesn't
(shouldn't) change between minor versions)

//Magnus