Re: Huge delay to finish even having all the records inserted - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Huge delay to finish even having all the records inserted
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/23/2015 06:49 AM, Alexander Franca Fernandes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm inserting 14 millions records from a text file using the Postgre
> COPY command.

So how did you execute this?

In other words what is the script you used?

> After waiting five days I've realized that all the records seems to be
> already inserted,
>
> but the process is still running!!

 From what I see it is not running:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/monitoring-stats.html#PG-STAT-ACTIVITY-VIEW

idle: The backend is waiting for a new client command.

Looks to me whatever you used to run the COPY connected and then never
disconnected and Postgres is waiting for more instructions on that
connection.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com