Re: timestamp with time zone wire format - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Philippe Marschall
Subject Re: timestamp with time zone wire format
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 14.12.15 14:43, Vladimir Sitnikov wrote:
>> I can write parse code
>
> Parse code for timestampTZ is probably there. The missing part is
> conversion from-to JSR-310.

The only thing I could find is TimestampUtils#toTimestampBin [1] there
the time zone either comes from the caller or the system default, never
the database. Form reading the docs I get the impression the time zone
isn't stored so there's nothing to parse.

>> for backwards compatibility with older Java/JDBC versions a dedicated class would probably be better
>
> Things will get much easier after
> https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/pull/435 is merged in.

Is there an ETA for this?

  [1]