Re: HELP!!! The WAL Archive is taking up all space - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: HELP!!! The WAL Archive is taking up all space
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/09/2015 04:38 PM, FattahRozzaq wrote:
> Quick information,
>
> After I realize, the line "archive_command=/bin/true" is a bad
> decision, I have revert it back.
> Now I'm really confused and panic.
> I don't know what to do, and I don't really understand the postgresql.conf
> I'm a network engineer, I should handle the network and also
> postgresql database.
> Oh man, the office is so good but this part is sucks :((

If the pg_xlog directory is growing it is likely that either:

* wal_keep_segments is set high and your slave is not correctly
receiving updates.

* You are using a replication slot and the slave is not correctly
receiving updates.

If your archive_command does not return a success, your pg_xlog will
also grow but you don't need the archive_command *IF* your streaming
replication is working *UNLESS* you are also doing archiving or PITR.

Sincerely,

JD