Re: Pgbasebackup help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Pgbasebackup help
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/2/15 1:56 PM, David Steele wrote:
>> >Also, I don’t want enable archive_mode = on as it needs to maintain
>> >archives files.
> As it turns out, archiving would be the solution to your problem.  If
> you were archiving you could restore a*previous*  backup and then replay
> WAL to exactly T3.  There might be some jitter from clock differences
> but it should have the desired effect.

And in this case previous could be a PG backup taken immediately before
the backup of the private DBMS.

I don't remember off-hand if pg_basebackup has an option for delaying
the pg_stop_backup() call, but if it does then I think the simplest
thing is to just delay that until after your private DBMS backup is
complete.