Re: custom function for converting human readable sizes to bytes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: custom function for converting human readable sizes to bytes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/23/15 3:11 AM, Corey Huinker wrote:
> +1 to both pg_size_bytes() and ::bytesize. Both contribute to making the
> statements more self-documenting.

The function seems like overkill to me if we have the type. Just my
opinion though. I'm thinking the type could just be called 'size' too
(or prettysize?). No reason it has to be tied to bytes (in particular
this would work for bits too).

If we're going to add this, I suppose it should support the 'i prefixes'
too (GiB, MiB, etc).