Re: Find Dialog in SQL box (Admin3)? - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Yurgis Baykshtis
Subject Re: Find Dialog in SQL box (Admin3)?
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Yes, I would love to contribute.
I have a working code already based on wx Find dialog.
No whole words and regexp options though but it does the work.

Now what is the process of the code integration?
Will you give me write access to CVS?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Page [mailto:dpage@vale-housing.co.uk]
Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2003 1:11 AM
To: Yurgis Baykshtis
Cc: pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Find Dialog in SQL box (Admin3)?

It's rumoured that Yurgis Baykshtis once said:
> Guys, I know it's not implemented in Admin3.
> So, I would like to do it for myself otherwise the editor is pretty
> useless at least for me since I deal with long stored functions.
>
> I believe that Scintilla control supports search and has built-in
"Find
> Dialog". I see a method FindText() of the edit control that performs
> actual search but I cannot find a search dialog class or any method to
> call it.

Hi Yurgis,

Search (& replace) would be a nice additions to pgAdmin. Unfortunately
I've found the documentation on the StyledTextControl to be minimal at
best - I was often reading the source to figure it out.
I don't believe there are any dialogues implemented in it (though I may
be
wrong), so I suspect your only option is to create your own and use the
FindText() function. :-(
Regards, Dave.