Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Steele
Subject Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/19/15 11:05 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> In my days of Perl, it was starting to become frowned upon to call
>> subroutines without parenthesizing arguments.  Is that no longer the
>> case?  Because I notice there are many places in this patch and pre-
>> existing that call psql with an argument list without parens.  And it's
>> a bit odd because I couldn't find any other subroutine that we're using
>> in that way.
>
> I've been coding in Perl for more than 20 years and have never heard
> of such a rule.

I follow the convention of using parentheses for all function calls in
Perl, though this stems more from my greater familiarity with languages
that require them than any adherence to vague Perl conventions.

I do think it makes the code [more] readable.

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net