Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Date
Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.  (David Steele <david@pgmasters.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> In my days of Perl, it was starting to become frowned upon to call
> subroutines without parenthesizing arguments.  Is that no longer the
> case?  Because I notice there are many places in this patch and pre-
> existing that call psql with an argument list without parens.  And it's
> a bit odd because I couldn't find any other subroutine that we're using
> in that way.

I've been coding in Perl for more than 20 years and have never heard
of such a rule.

Maybe I am not part of the "in" crowd.

--
Robert Haas