Re: Selective logical replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: Selective logical replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015/11/19 17:48, konstantin knizhnik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use logical replication for implementing multimaster (so all nodes are both sending and receiving
changes).
> But there is one "stupid" problem: how to prevent infinite recursion and not to rereplicate replicated data.
> I.e. node receives change set from some other node, applies it within some transaction, it is  written to the log and
...is replicated to other nodes.

> In my experiments with receiver_raw/decoder_raw infinite recursion actually doesn't happen because unique constraint
violation.
> But it is neither nice, neither efficient way of stopping infinite recursion.
>
> I wonder if there is some better way to prevent some particular transaction from been replicated?

I wonder if stuff in src/backend/replication/logical/origin.c has anything
to do with being able to help with kind of problems you mention. The file
header comment has the following text in it:

*
* This infrastructure is intended to be used in cooperation with logical
* decoding. When replaying from a remote system the configured origin is
* provided to output plugins, allowing prevention of replication loops and
* other filtering.
*

Thanks,
Amit