Re: SunOS patch for memcmp() - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: SunOS patch for memcmp()
Date
Re: SunOS patch for memcmp()  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
> Ok. I have tested patches from Bruce. Now tests for bit passed.
> Remaining issues seem that strtol() is broken on SunOS4, not detecting
> an overflow, which causes int4 and some of other tests failure.

Looks like you might also want to use horology-no-DST-before-1970.out.

> Should we use our own strtol()?

Mumble.  The memcmp fix was all from well-tested parts, but I don't
think we have a canned test for strtol breakage available.  Also,
I believe that the SunOS strtol lossage has been known and tolerated
in previous Postgres releases.  Since it's not a regression, I'm going
to change sides and vote with Peter: let's not fix this one now.

            regards, tom lane