Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level.
Date
Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level.  (Victor Wagner <vitus@wagner.pp.ru>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/30/15 9:26 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> That's true, but doesn't allowing every parameter to be multiply
> specified greatly increase the implementation complexity for a pretty
> marginal benefit?

Well, the way I would have approached is that after all the parsing you
end up with a list of PQconninfoOption arrays and you you loop over that
list and call connectDBStart() until you have a connection that
satisfies you.

I see that the patch doesn't do that and it looks quite messy as a result.