Re: Cross-check recent documentation changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: Cross-check recent documentation changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015/10/29 17:10, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 2:40 AM, Robins <robins@pobox.com> wrote:
>> Was reviewing recent commits, and it seems the following commit adds an
>> extra line to some comments. Just wanted to cross-check if that was
>> intentional.
>
> I don't see that it changed any comments at all?

I think he means error messages, for example, why errmsg is replaced by
errmsg_plural in the concerned source code line (the following change)

-                errmsg("database with OID %u must be vacuumed before %d
more multixact members are used",
+                errmsg_plural("database with OID %u must be vacuumed
before %d more multixact member is used",
+                              "database with OID %u must be vacuumed
before %d more multixact members are used",
+                       MultiXactState->offsetStopLimit - nextOffset +
nmembers,

Thanks,
Amit