New PostgreSQL Sponsorship Criteria - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject New PostgreSQL Sponsorship Criteria
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
The PostgreSQL Sponsorship Committee has proposed new criteria for determining which organizations are considered sponsors for the PostgreSQL project.  The proposed criteria would take effect on Nov 15, 2013, and are listed here:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewDraftSponsorCriteria

The major change to the criteria, outside of having a detailed list of criteria, is that we are reducing the different sponsorship types to two categories: Sponsor and Major Sponsor.  These designations will make it easier to determine the appropriate level an organization has contributed to the PostgreSQL community and will be more inline with how we recognize contributors to the PostgreSQL project.

Note that financial sponsors for PostgreSQL conferences are not considered for evaluation of PostgreSQL sponsorship.

We would like to hear the community's feedback before we start using the guidelines to determine sponsorship.

Thanks,

Jonathan