pg_restore WAS Re: BUG #13702: pg_dump interprets “=” in a db name incorrectly - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Felipe Gasper
Subject pg_restore WAS Re: BUG #13702: pg_dump interprets “=” in a db name incorrectly
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Apparently 9.0 can’t pg_restore DBs that have equals signs in them...at
least, such is the case with pg_restore on 9.0.18. It gets confused by
the “=”, even when it’s in the --dbname argument.

To me, that seems like a bug, as there’s no reason that the --dbname
argument should be interpreted as anything other than the name of a
database.

Does anyone here happen to know when pg_restore offered alternative ways
of specifying the database?

-FG