Avoid full page images in streaming replication? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Avoid full page images in streaming replication?
Date
Re: Avoid full page images in streaming replication?  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
ISTM it should be possible to avoid sending full page writes to a
streaming replica once the replica has reached a consistent state. I
assume that the replica would still need to write full pages to it's
disk in case of a crash, but the sender could insert special WAL records
to tell it when to do so, instead of sending the full page image.
Presumably this would be a big win for replication over a WAN.

Am I missing something? I see that pglesslog is no longer supported but
couldn't find any particular reason for that...