Re: ERROR: invalid page in block 1226710 of relation base/16750/27244 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: ERROR: invalid page in block 1226710 of relation base/16750/27244
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/22/15 11:25 AM, bricklen wrote:
> I would have liked to have had the opportunity to answer those questions
> myself but alas, in the heat of the moment some of the data useful for
> forensics was lost.

You could always roll WAL forward from the previous base backup and see
what happens.

FWIW, most times that I've experienced corruption it's percolated
through the WAL stream as well, presumably due to full_page_writes. It's
why I like making londiste part of the DR configuration for really
high-value data. Of course, if you're having corruption problems then
it's also very possible that your user data is getting crapped on too,
and logical replication won't help you terribly much there. I
investigated adding user-space row-level checksums but never actually
rolled that out. Of course now you'd just use page level checksums.