Re: [JDBC] Performance problem iterating a resultset - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Simpson, Mike W
Subject Re: [JDBC] Performance problem iterating a resultset
Date
List pgsql-general
Can someone confirm for me that the back end doesn't support parameters in
the order by clause for jdbc prepared statements?  I error out through JDBC
and through pgadmin when attempting to create one:

this works:
PREPARE JDBC_STATEMENT_100(text) AS
SELECT partid from parts ORDER BY partid;

this errors out with "parse error at or near ";" at character 72":
PREPARE JDBC_STATEMENT_100(text) AS
SELECT partid from parts ORDER BY ?;

this errors out with "Non-integer constant in ORDER BY":
PREPARE JDBC_STATEMENT_100(text) AS
SELECT partid from parts ORDER BY '?';

Anyone shed some light on this for me?