Re: error on online backup using pg_basebackup tool - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Steele
Subject Re: error on online backup using pg_basebackup tool
Date
List pgsql-general
On 9/3/15 5:07 PM, Joseph Kregloh wrote:
> You can always move the folder out of there. Depending on the version of
> PostgreSQL different steps need to be take. If I remember correctly for
> version 9.3 you can move the symlink to point to the new directory. Pre
> 9.3 you need to move the symlink and the pointer inside the pg tables.

You can move the directory and modify the symlink on 9.2 or later
without any additional complications.

However - and this is very important - PostgreSQL must be shut down
during this operation.

My recommendation would be to move both tablespaces out of $PGDATA.
There has been a lot of discussion about disallowing it in future
releases as it causes problems for various tools.

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

Attachment