Re: exposing pg_controldata and pg_config as functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: exposing pg_controldata and pg_config as functions
Date
Re: exposing pg_controldata and pg_config as functions  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

On 08/23/2015 08:58 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> 2) No docs or related regression test yet. I will do that if there is
>> enough interest in this getting committed. So far no one except Andrew
>> and I have chimed in.
> I think that's a good thing to have, now I have concerns about making
> this data readable for non-superusers. Cloud deployments of Postgres
> are logically going to block the access of this view.

I don't think it exposes any information of great security value.

> + Datum pg_config(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS);
> +
> + PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1(pg_config);
>
> The declaration of the function is not needed, PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1
> takes care of it.

Umm, we shouldn't be using PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1 in backend code at all, IIRC.

cheers

andrew