Re: exposing pg_controldata and pg_config as functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: exposing pg_controldata and pg_config as functions
Date
Re: exposing pg_controldata and pg_config as functions  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On 08/23/2015 08:58 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> I think that's a good thing to have, now I have concerns about making
>> this data readable for non-superusers. Cloud deployments of Postgres
>> are logically going to block the access of this view.

> I don't think it exposes any information of great security value.

We just had that kerfuffle about whether WAL compression posed a security
risk; doesn't that imply that at least the data relevant to WAL position
has to be unreadable by non-superusers?