Re: Apparently we've been bought by IBM - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gavin Flower
Subject Re: Apparently we've been bought by IBM
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

http://www.streetwisereport.com/international-business-machines-corporation-nyseibm-purchases-postgresql-flextronics-international-nasdaqflex-3d-systems-corporation-nyseddd/122602/

>> Did everyone get their dividend?  Good.
>>

> Never trust a headline.
>
> From the release:
>
> "International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE:IBM) released that
> purchase of San Mateo, CA-based Compose, a privately held firm that
> provides MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, and other database
> as a service (DBaaS) offerings targeted at web and mobile app
> developers."
>
> So, no I have not received my dividend:(

I haven't had my 42 cents owing to me, due my encouragement of people to
use PostgreSQL!

Has Tom been lashing out on private jets, or given any other signs of
massively increased wealth???

Cheers,
Gavin