Re: When will you be adding ISC_REQ_MUTUAL_AUTH to the ODBC dwSSPIFlags variable? - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: When will you be adding ISC_REQ_MUTUAL_AUTH to the ODBC dwSSPIFlags variable?
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 07/24/2015 08:56 PM, Ramesh Reddy wrote:
> Thanks you Lindsay.
>
> The root of the question after delving little bit more, we did not
> find any properties to enable "Mutual Authentication" when using
> GSSAPI with Windows ODBC driver. Can this be added to the code?

psqlodbc uses libpq for authentication, so this is really a generic
libpq issue. Looking at the libpq code, it will actually always request
mutual authentication (by passing the GSS_C_MUTUAL_FLAG flag to
gss_init_sec_context), but it doesn't check the returned flags to ensure
that it got it. Which actually makes sense because there's a bigger
problem anyway: if the server doesn't request authentication at all,
libpq will happily just connect. The only way you can authenticate the
server is by using SSL, and using sslmode=verify-full or sslmode=verify-ca.

Yeah, it would be nice to do something about that. Patches to libpq are
welcome.

- Heikki