Re: When will you be adding ISC_REQ_MUTUAL_AUTH to the ODBC dwSSPIFlags variable? - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Ramesh Reddy
Subject Re: When will you be adding ISC_REQ_MUTUAL_AUTH to the ODBC dwSSPIFlags variable?
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Thanks you Lindsay.

The root of the question after delving little bit more, we did not find any properties to enable "Mutual Authentication" when using GSSAPI with Windows ODBC driver. Can this be added to the code?

Thanks

Ramesh..

I have pg-odbc working with Windows sspi authentication.  There is a guide online [1] that describes the key element: you need to run the postgres service as a domain user that you've registered as a security principal for that machine. If you need a service name other than POSTGRES there is a GUC setting for krbsrvname; set that and a corresponding SPN.

The only weird behaviour I've noticed is that looking at security events in Windows event manager, after some time the client kerberos authentication reverts to NTLMv1. I suspect that might be a problem between the pg domain user and AD though.

Also, connections never seem to pool but there's probably a good security reason for that.

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Configuring_for_single_sign-on_using_SSPI_on_Windows