Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client
Date
In response to Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client  ("Stefan Viljoen" <viljoens@verishare.co.za>)
Responses Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client  ("Stefan Viljoen" <viljoens@verishare.co.za>)
List pgsql-odbc
On 07/17/2015 06:02 AM, Stefan Viljoen wrote:
> Hi Nick
>
> Here is my odbc.ini entry for the pgdb-cdr data source:
>
> ---
> [pgdb-cdr]
> Driver                  = /usr/pgsql-9.4/lib/psqlodbc.so
> ServerName              = localhost
> Port                    = 5432
> UserName                = dbuser
> Password                = dbpassword
> Database                = dbname
> ReadOnly                = No
> Protocol                = 9.4
> Trace                   = No
> TraceFile               = sql.log
> ConnSettings       =
> ---
>
> I have tried to
>
> - Replace ServerName with 127.0.0.1 and ::1
> - Changing the protocol to 9.3, 9.2., 9.1
> - Making ReadOnly yes
> - Deliberately mis-spelling the Database name but the error remains the same
>
> - Omitting the password, error remains the same
> - Removing the port, error remains the same.
>
> The only thing I can conclude at this point is that 9.4 Postgres ODBC driver
> is in fact incompatible with the Centos 6.5 ODBC package version?
>
> As far as I can tell isql does not get any response from Postgres ODBC
> driver - given that I can corrupt the pgdb-cdr entry however I like, even
> severe errors or gaps in it is just ignored and the same error is returned
> each time.
>
> I have run strace on isql and I can see that it DOES parse the above file
> though - so I'm reasonable sure that the 9.4 Postgres driver is completely
> incompatible with the ODBC version supplied with Centos 6.5?

So what does your odbcinst.ini file look like?

What happens if you temporarily change the authentication to trust in
pg_hba.conf and after reloading the Postgres server try to connect?

What does the Postgres log show when you connect?

What does the trace file sql.log show?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com