Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Stefan Viljoen
Subject Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client
Date
In response to Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client  ("Stefan Viljoen" <viljoens@verishare.co.za>)
Responses Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client  (Nick Gorham <nick@lurcher.org>)
List pgsql-odbc
Hi Nick

Here is my odbc.ini entry for the pgdb-cdr data source:

---
[pgdb-cdr]
Driver                  = /usr/pgsql-9.4/lib/psqlodbc.so
ServerName              = localhost
Port                    = 5432
UserName                = dbuser
Password                = dbpassword
Database                = dbname
ReadOnly                = No
Protocol                = 9.4
Trace                   = No
TraceFile               = sql.log
ConnSettings       =
---

I have tried to

- Replace ServerName with 127.0.0.1 and ::1
- Changing the protocol to 9.3, 9.2., 9.1
- Making ReadOnly yes
- Deliberately mis-spelling the Database name but the error remains the same

- Omitting the password, error remains the same
- Removing the port, error remains the same.

The only thing I can conclude at this point is that 9.4 Postgres ODBC driver
is in fact incompatible with the Centos 6.5 ODBC package version?

As far as I can tell isql does not get any response from Postgres ODBC
driver - given that I can corrupt the pgdb-cdr entry however I like, even
severe errors or gaps in it is just ignored and the same error is returned
each time.

I have run strace on isql and I can see that it DOES parse the above file
though - so I'm reasonable sure that the 9.4 Postgres driver is completely
incompatible with the ODBC version supplied with Centos 6.5?

Again, THANK YOU for your assistance :)

Kind regards,