ORDER BY options (how to order data as AAA, aaa, BBB, bbb, ... ZZZ, zzz) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Julian Legeny
Subject ORDER BY options (how to order data as AAA, aaa, BBB, bbb, ... ZZZ, zzz)
Date
Re: ORDER BY options (how to order data as AAA, aaa, BBB, bbb, ... ZZZ, zzz)
Re: ORDER BY options (how to order data as AAA, aaa,
List pgsql-general
Hello,

   I have following problem:

I have table MY_TABLE with following records:

   NAME
-----------
   ccc
   CCC
   AAA
   aaa
   bbb
   BBB

When I use default select that sort all data by NAME:

        SELECT * FROM MY_TABLE ORDER BY NAME;

result is following:

   NAME
-----------
   AAA
   BBB
   CCC
   aaa
   bbb
   ccc

But I would like to sort all data as following:

   NAME
-----------
   AAA
   aaa
   BBB
   bbb
   CCC
   ccc

How can I write sql command (or set up ORDER BY options) for selecting that?

   Thank you in advance for answer,
   best regards,

   Julian Legeny

mailto:julo@opensubsystems.org