Re: partitioned tables and contrib/sepgsql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: partitioned tables and contrib/sepgsql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I argued before that we should migrate to stdbool.h by default, because
> it's only going to get more common.  We already do so in a way for c++
> compilers...

Yeah, I was just thinking about that.  The core problem though is that
we need the "bool" fields in the system catalog structs (or anyplace
else that it represents an on-disk bool datum) to be understood as
being 1 byte wide.  I do not think we can assume that that's true of
every compiler's _Bool type.  So we'd need some workaround for that.
There are probably other places such as isnull arrays where it'd be
wise to force the width to be 1 byte.

In any case, that's a research project that's not getting done for v10.