Re: PANIC in GIN code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: PANIC in GIN code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/30/2015 02:18 AM, Jeff Janes wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
>
>> I just pushed a fix for this, but unfortunately it didn't make it
>> 9.5alpha1.
>
> Thanks.  I think that that fixed it.  It survived for over an hour this
> time.

Thanks. I grepped through all the other call sites of
XLogInitBufferForRedo() to look for similar bugs, and sure enough, there
was one more bug of the same sort, in B-tree page deletion. That one was
in 9.4 as well. Fixed that too, and added an assertion into
PageGetSpecialPointer() that would help to catch this sort of bugs
earlier in the future.

- Heikki