Re: [BUGS] BUG #13473: VACUUM FREEZE mistakenly cancel standby sessions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #13473: VACUUM FREEZE mistakenly cancel standby sessions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 6/26/15 8:50 AM, Marco Nenciarini wrote:
>> >In the heap_xlog_freeze we need to subtract one to the value of cutoff_xid
>> >before passing it to ResolveRecoveryConflictWithSnapshot.
>> >

> Attached a proposed patch that solves the issue.

FWIW, I've reviewed the usage and the new logic looks correct.

It'd actually be nice if we also logged the most recent XID that
actually got frozen. That's the XID that Hot Standby would actually care
about (not the freeze limit).