Re: UPSERT on partition - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: UPSERT on partition
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 24 June 2015 at 15:05, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:

How should we treat this problem for 9.5? If we want to fix this problem
completely, probably we would need to make constraint_exclusion work with
even UPSERT. Which sounds difficult to do at least for 9.5. Any other idea?
Or we should just treat it as a limitation of UPSERT and add that document?

+1

There are many problems that cannot be resolved for 9.5.

UPSERT works fine with tables with BRIN indexes.