Re: s_lock() seems too aggressive for machines with many sockets - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: s_lock() seems too aggressive for machines with many sockets
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The whole thing turns out to be based on wrong baseline data, taken with
a pgbench client running from a remote machine. It all started out from
an investigation against 9.3. Curiously enough, the s_lock() problem
that existed in 9.3 has a very similar effect on throughput as a network
bottleneck has on 9.5.

Sorry for the noise, Jan

--
Jan Wieck