Re: How to retrieve Comment text using SQL, not psql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: How to retrieve Comment text using SQL, not psql?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 05/30/2015 04:48 AM, Bob Futrelle wrote:
> Using pgAdmin3 I've tried this and variations on it.   All are rejected.
>
>     select COMMENT ON TABLE articlestats
>

> No answer here,
>
>     http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/sql-comment.html
>

> pgAdmin3 had no problem with entering a comment:
>
>     COMMENT ON TABLE articlestats IS 'Comprehensive data for every article.'

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/functions-info.html
Table 9.60 Comment Information Functions

So:

test=# comment on table table1 is 'Test comment';
COMMENT

test=# select obj_description('table1'::regclass, 'pg_class');
  obj_description

  Test comment

(1 row)

--