Re: Sourceforge - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Sourceforge
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 05/28/2015 06:10 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> As long as sourceforge is redistributing unaltered packages, we have no
> legal ability to restrict them.  And I'm not keen on court of public
> opinion when they haven't actually done anything wrong with our
> packages.  They're a free mirror, and one of their staff is even
> maintaining the mirror page.  Where's the harm to us?

We don't have legal ability to restrict them period. We are BSD
licensed. The best we can do is put up a PSA.

That said, SF doesn't have the traffic to harm us. I am not worried
about it. We aren't a web browser or something "users" would download
(like Gimp).

Sincerely,

JD