Re: Sourceforge - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Sourceforge
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 05/28/2015 10:06 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> Based on this:
>
> https://lwn.net/Articles/646118/

Oops, subscriber-only story (I recommend subscribing to LWN, btw).

Here's the background material:

https://plus.google.com/+gimp/posts/cxhB1PScFpe
https://lwn.net/Articles/646180/
https://sourceforge.net/blog/advertising-bundling-community-and-criticism/
https://lwn.net/Articles/564250/

Summary is:

a) Sourceforge has started bundling installers on some projects with
adware, without notifying the downloading users;

b) Sourceforge has started taking over projects which they deem
abandoned, and there is no appeal/reversal of this takeover.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.