Re: jsonb concatenate operator's semantics seem questionable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: jsonb concatenate operator's semantics seem questionable
Date
Re: jsonb concatenate operator's semantics seem questionable  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 05/20/2015 11:34 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> So Dmitry, at my suggestion, has come up with a way of doing that, by
> adding a parameter to jsonb_replace(). If this parameter is set to true
> (it defaults to false) and the key or array element pointed to by the
> last element of the path doesn't exist, it gets created.

That does cover all bases, and users would be able to create the
operator which suits their particular use case easily.  It's also fairly
similar to how jsquery works, although the syntax is completely different.

But ... it's after feature freeze.  So, thoughts?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.