Re: COPY FROM command v8.1.4 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: COPY FROM command v8.1.4
Date
List pgsql-admin
"Mr. Dan" <bitsandbytes88@hotmail.com> writes:
> We have a table with 12028587 records in it.
> We do a COPY TO file of the records for this table.
> We count the number of records in the file, it has 12028587 lines.
> We do a COPY FROM that file into a table with identical structure as the
> first table.
> We count the number of records in the second table and there are only
> 12028538 records.

Try dumping the second table with COPY TO and diff'ing the dump files
to get more detail about what's missing.

If you repeat the entire experiment, are the same records missing each
time?  I'm wondering about flaky hardware as much as anything.

            regards, tom lane