Re: static libperl? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: static libperl?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> /usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/mach/CORE/libperl.a(perl.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S can not be used when
makinga shared object; recompile with -fPIC

> Does that mean that we are attempting to link against a static libperl.a?
> I thought we were supposed to inhibit that.

Platypus is freebsd though, and we now think we don't need shared
libraries on that platform:
http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/makefiles/Makefile.freebsd.diff?r1=1.19;r2=1.20

I am wondering if the issue is that you need -fPIC and libperl was only
made with -fpic.

It could be that platypus was only passing before because it didn't try
to build plperl.