Re: BUG #12939: GRANT ALL ON ALL SEQUENCES doesn't work for sequences not yet existing - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: BUG #12939: GRANT ALL ON ALL SEQUENCES doesn't work for sequences not yet existing
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> * Hale, Tyler (Tyler.Hale@capitalone.com) wrote:
>> >Thanks for the insight Stephen.  Do you know if this type of functionality is only limited to sequences or all
typesof database objects?  I am relatively new to Postgres and am trying to come up with rules/best practices for my
teamto use when deploying new structures on Postgres.

best practices IMHO are to include the GRANT's with the CREATE
statements.   grant permissions to groups rather than specific roles,
and make the user roles members of those groups.