Re: BUG #12939: GRANT ALL ON ALL SEQUENCES doesn't work for sequences not yet existing - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: BUG #12939: GRANT ALL ON ALL SEQUENCES doesn't work for sequences not yet existing
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tyler,

It's true for all object types.  GRANT ON ALL addresses objects which
currently exist while ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES addresses objects which
are created in the future.

Thanks!

    Stephen

* Hale, Tyler (Tyler.Hale@capitalone.com) wrote:
> Thanks for the insight Stephen.  Do you know if this type of functionalit=
y is only limited to sequences or all types of database objects?  I am rela=
tively new to Postgres and am trying to come up with rules/best practices f=
or my team to use when deploying new structures on Postgres.
>=20
> Thanks,
> Tyler
>=20
ry to Capital One and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewi=
th is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addr=
essed.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you ar=
e hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribut=
ion, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this=
 information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communicatio=
n in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your com=
puter.