Re: Need help migrating old student projects off of Google Code - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Need help migrating old student projects off of Google Code
Date
Re: Need help migrating old student projects off of Google Code  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On 03/13/2015 10:03 AM, Gurjeet Singh wrote:
> I can help in migration to GitHub. We can create a new org  (or, if
> acceptable, move them under github.com/postgres).
>
> Just an FYI, since Google-code is currently overwhelmed by migration
> requests, they are not accepting any moves right now; "come back
> later" as the message says.

Like I said, I need to push the button for moving the actual projects
because I'm the only one who has been an admin or assistant admin the
whole time.

However, pushing the "migrate" button is the easy part.  The hard part
is figuring out all of the projects which:

a) have substantial code saved to google code;

b) do not have that code already somewhere else (for example, in
PostgreSQL, or already migrated to github on their own).

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.