Re: Need help migrating old student projects off of Google Code - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Need help migrating old student projects off of Google Code
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 03/13/2015 10:29 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 03/13/2015 10:03 AM, Gurjeet Singh wrote:
>> I can help in migration to GitHub. We can create a new org  (or, if
>> acceptable, move them under github.com/postgres).
>>
>> Just an FYI, since Google-code is currently overwhelmed by migration
>> requests, they are not accepting any moves right now; "come back
>> later" as the message says.
>
> Like I said, I need to push the button for moving the actual projects
> because I'm the only one who has been an admin or assistant admin the
> whole time.
>
> However, pushing the "migrate" button is the easy part.  The hard part
> is figuring out all of the projects which:
>
> a) have substantial code saved to google code;

Well looking at:

code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code-YYYY-postgres/

for 2006-2014  I get either page not found(2006,2009,2012,2013,2014) or
just a repo skeleton with no code(2007, 2008, 2010, 2011).

Still working through the Wiki pages to see where the projects are
actually hosted, though that information seems to be hidden in many cases.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com